Many of us spend hours each week maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness inside and outside of our homes. A major area that gets forgotten is the air we breathe. Depending on whether you have individuals with asthma or allergies or are a pet friendly home, this could be an incredibly important factor of your cleaning routines. Rest assured there’s a simple solution- Air Duct Cleaning.
Why Should You Get Your Air Duct Cleaned?
It’s pretty simple… because they get dirty! The air ducts in the home accumulate dirt and dust that are within a home but can also be collectors of:
- Pet hair
- Cigarette or cigar smoke
- Excessive dust and debris from home renovation projects
Each of the factors listed above can affect occupants of a home in different ways. If an individual lives in the home that is sensitive to the contaminants or suffers from allergies or asthma, air duct cleaning can help remove these factors that affect the indoor air quality in the home.
Signs It’s Time to Clean Your Air Ducts
- If you see visible dust being released from the supply registers when the system is running
- You recently finished building your home or completed a home renovation project
- It’s been longer than 3 years since the air duct system has been cleaned
- You have to change your air filter more frequently
Related: Duct Cleaning: General Information and Tips
How Often Should Ductwork Be Cleaned?
According to NADCA professionals, homeowners should clean air ducts based on these guidelines:
- Every 3-5 years (3 if you have pets that shed fur in the home as it can help prevent it from spreading throughout the home)
- When you move into a new home- unless you know that the previous owner had the air duct cleaned within the last 3 years
- After building a new home
- After completing a home renovation project
Hiring A Reputable Air Duct Cleaning Company
The best way to judge whether you have hired a reputable air duct cleaning company is whether they are a NADCA member. As a NADCA member, the company must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least one NADCA certified Air Systems Cleaning Specialist on staff
- Maintain at least $500,000 in general liability insurance
- Agree to clean according to NADCA’s standards and comply with NADCA’s Code of Ethics
You can verify a company is a NADCA member by visiting the NADCA website and entering your zip code to search for a member in your area. AmeriClean has been a proud NADCA member since 1994!
When did you last have your air ducts cleaned? Are you experiencing any of the signs listed above? Give us a call for your free estimate!
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services include Carpet, Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration,Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in water, fire and restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.