Whether you share your home with a friendly feline or cuddly canine, you know that with your lovable pet comes the dreaded task of cleaning up their hair. Maybe you’ve upgraded to leather furniture and wood floors in hope to rid your home of ALL THE HAIR! We’ve all tried sweeping, vacuuming, and even in our most desperate attempt- hand and knees with a roll of tape, trying to get in each nook and cranny.
We’re fond of you and would really like to help preserve your sanity so we have gathered our top methods to remove pet hair from furniture.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe cushions in one direction only to lift hair off with each swoop of the cloth.
- Put on your dish washing gloves and head to the couch- yes the couch! Sweep the area with pet hair and watch as the pet hair balls up. Remove each clump and move on to the next section.
- Back to the kitchen. This time we need a dry sponge. All you have to do is rub the sponge across the furniture and the pet hair clings to it like a magnet.
- With a trusty hand-vac, you can vacuum up any pet hair on the surface of upholstered furniture or the sides of the cushions
- Using a damp cloth and furniture polish, wipe the wood furniture to lift hair from the wood. The spray will eliminate the electric charge, making the hair easier to remove.
- With a trusty hand-vac, you can vacuum up any pet hair on the surface of the wood furniture and the finish off with sweep of a clean cloth
I’ve removed the hair but they’re still dirty- now what?
Easy. Call AmeriClean! Using our truck mounted system, we will work to remove dirt, dander, and allergens that reside on your furniture. We offer both hot water and dry cleaning methods to meed the specific needs of your upholstered furniture. We are able to apply protector and pet deodorization to the furniture upon your request.
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services include Carpet, Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration,Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in water, fire and restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.