What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Duct cleaning generally refers to the cleaning of the heating and cooling system components of forced air systems in a home or commercial building. These components include: supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, drip pans, fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit.
Air duct cleaning is the process of removing dust and dirt that accumulates within your home’s heating & air conditioning system’s duct work. When air duct cleaning is done properly, a “source removal” method us used with the help of a truck mounted process. AmeriClean’s truck mounted process uses mechanical agitation to remove the contaminants from your HVAC system in your home.
How Do I Know I Need My Air Ducts Cleaned?
To answer this question, can be complex. Since the air within a home varies from home to home, there are many factors to be considered:
- smokers in the household
- pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- residents with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in the home’s HVAC system
- after home renovations or remodeling
- prior to occupancy of a new home
If someone in the home suffers from allergies or unusual or unexplained symptoms and after a visual inspection you see buildup in the vents and visible duct work, you probably need your air ducts cleaned to increase indoor air quality. The industry average for air duct cleaning is once every five years for a residential property.
What Should I Expect When Having My Air Ducts Cleaned?
- A thorough inspection of the home; specifically: the furnace, supply and return air ducts and registers
- Open access points or doors to allow the entire system to be cleaned and inspected
- HVAC system will be turned off prior to cleaning
- Truck mounted or portable vacuum unit house on a pull behind trailer
- A series of hose connectors brought into the home and connected to the furnace
- Corner guards and pads used throughout the home to protect walls, flooring, and doors from our equipment used to complete the job
Consumer Awareness: Why Air Duct Cleaning DOESN’T Cost $49.95
When done correctly, air duct cleaning is a very beneficial service for your home or business. Benefiting from this service requires homeowners and business owners to do a little research to find a reputable company. The main factor of a reputable air duct cleaning company is whether or not they are NADCA certified. NADCA’s dedication t quality assurance helps ensure and promotes a higher standard of performance for its members (NADCA).
Those of us in the industry, have long been affected by a small number of “fly-by-night” companies that are dishonestly portraying themselves as offering air duct cleaning services. These companies advertise extremely low prices for their services and hide many details within the fine print. These scam companies use scare tactics and bait and switch methods to squeeze money out of their customers.
When you schedule with AmeriClean, a NADCA certified company, you can rest assured that price you are given over the phone is an all inclusive price that is represented by the location of the furnace and the register and return count in your home. No added expenses. No tricks. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself on these type of companies and the gimmicks they advertise.
Click here to view the Dateline special on How To Avoid Air Duct Cleaning Scams
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services include Carpet, Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration,Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in water, fire and restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.