The sun is shining (some days), the kids are off of school, and the living is easy. Summer is here and what a perfect time to work on your home. These projects don’t need to break the bank and there are many simple things you can do.
Today we’re going to look at 5 easy summer DIY projects to improve your home this summer- inside and out!
Summer Home DIY Project #1: Add some curb appeal
- Build a tree bench
- Put landscape lighting to your front walkway, driveway, and landscaping
- Trim overgrown bushes, plant new flowers, and add landscaping stones
- Build a cover for your air conditioning unit and garbage cans
- Hang exterior shutters
Summer Home DIY Project #2: Get Organized
- Make a plan for all areas of your home- inside and outside, that need to be organized.
- Sort and clean. This is a great time to throw out any items that your family doesn’t need anymore.
- Spend time labeling bins, items, and shelves. Doing so will help finding exactly what you need so you have more time to enjoy the summer days
Summer Home DIY Project #3: Improve Indoor Air Quality
- Vacuum regularly
- Keep indoor humidity at 30-50%
- Have your Air Ducts cleaned
- Mop floors after vacuuming
Summer Home DIY Project #4: Home Maintenance
- Clean and replace your furnace filters
- Replace broken light bulbs and clean exterior fixtures
- Clean your gutters
- Power wash siding and clean windows
- Insulate your attic
- Inspect your carpet, rugs, and upholstery for spots and stains
- Seal grout lines to prevent mold growth
- Fix concrete cracks
- Check you dryer vent to see if cleaning is needed. Great time to install Lint Alert to take the guess work out.
Summer Home DIY Project #5: Enjoy Your Outdoor Space
- Clean and seal your deck or add one if you don’t have one already
- Clean up outdoor rugs and furniture
- Add an outdoor fireplace for roasting s’mores
- Create a backyard space for playing games
- Build a potting bench for all your gardening needs
- Give the garden an arbor
- Fertilize the yard to keep it green this summer
- Add tiki torches to help fight off mosquitoes