This Sunday, March 8, 2015, we will change our clocks for Daylight-Saving time and we encourage you to also change the batteries in your smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector in your home.
The Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program, sponsored by International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and Energizer, celebrates their 27th Anniversary this year. They have made it their goal to remind us to change and test batteries with each change of the time.
AmeriClean encourages you to take the extra time you “gain” from daylight-savings and replace the batteries in your alarms. This life-saving habit can help to reduce tragic deaths and injuries that malfunctioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors can cause.
Fire Safety Planning
The weekend of daylight-saving time, is a great time to practice your family’s fire safety plan. Each family should have a prepared plan to make sure you are taking the proper steps to protect your family in case of a fire.
Use this checklist to help in creating your plan:
- Walk through the home to identify any and all exits and escape routes
- Install smoke alarms in all sleeping rooms, outside each sleeping area, and on every level
- Determine an outside meeting place
- Have everyone memorize the emergency phone number of the fire department
- Assign assistance to elderly or small children for evacuating the home.
- Set up a calendar reminder to change your clocks change your batteries
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services includeCarpet,Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in water, fire and restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.