Safety Tips for Grilling this Summer
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill
- Never leave the grill unattended
Read On: Grilling Tips
The Do’s and Don’ts of Summer Grilling
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house. The farther away from the home the better. Grills should not be used underneath tree overhangs, by bushes, or other flammable materials.
- Clean your grill regularly. Build-up of access grease and fat on your grill provides more fuel for your fire which can cause flare ups or potential fire mishaps.
- Check for gas leaks.
- Keep decorations away from your grill. Today’s decor is made up mostly of artificial fibers that are highly flammable. Keep hanging baskets, table top plants, or umbrellas from the flame area.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy. Anytime you’re working with an open flame, it is imperative that a fire extinguisher be available in the case the flame gets out of control.
Learn More: How To Use A Fire Extinguisher
- Turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed. Keeping the lid on the grill as you turn it on, traps the gas within the lid and cause a fireball to explode when lit.
- Leave the grill unattended. An open flame can burn out of control at any moment. It is important to watch the flame while the grill is lit.
- Use a grill indoors. In addition to a fire hazard, grills release carbon monoxide. A gas grill needs to vent in fresh air or it could potentially kill you.
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services include Carpet, Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in water, fire and restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.