Air Duct Cleaning in Northwest Indiana
Did you know that in addition to improving your indoor air quality, cleaning your home’s air ducts will also:
- Allow your heating and cooling system to operate more efficiently and run less often, therefore your system has fewer breakdowns and repairs
- Reduce your risk of fire by eliminating flammable materials in the duct work
- A more efficient system can reduce your heating and cooling costs.
FAQ About Air Duct Cleaning
Do I need my air ducts cleaned and how often should it be completed?
There are many reasons why the air ducts in your home need to be cleaned on a regular basis to maintain functionality and efficiency. Typically, the air ducts in your home or office should be cleaned every 3 to 5 years, but this can vary based on where you live and the type of use the home or office experiences. While every 3 to 5 years is sufficient for most, there are some circumstances that may require air duct cleaning to be completed more frequently. Some of these factors include:
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Occupants with allergies or asthma
- Cigarette or cigar smoke
- After each home renovation or remodeling projects
How much does it cost to have your air ducts cleaned?
At AmeriClean, we believe that homeowners deserve an easy to understand price which can be easily verified by any homeowner. This belief has led us to develop a simple to use estimating process which allows homeowners to get a firm price without the inconvenience of setting up a formal estimate. When you call AmeriClean, to get an estimate for air duct cleaning, our team will ask you a few basic questions and as long as the information is accurate, your price won’t change! These questions include:
- Is the home on a crawl space, slab, or basement foundation?
- Where is the furnace(s) located in the home?
- Does the home have one or multiple furnaces?
- What is the total number of registers in the home? The total number refers to both supplies and returns.
How is the cleaning done?
According to the National Air Duct Cleaning Association, the most effective way to clean air ducts and ventilation systems is to use a source removal method of cleaning. To do so, it requires the contractor to put the system under negative pressure through a specialized vacuum. While the vacuum draws air through the system, a series of flexible whips and rods are used to agitate the system and dislodge and dust, dirt, or debris that has settled within the system. By dislodging the particles, they are forced to travel down the ducts to the vacuum to be removed from the system and the home.
Finding a qualified contractor
One of the most important steps in the air duct cleaning process is selecting a qualified contractor. The easiest way to find qualified contractors is to search the National Air Duct Cleaning Association’s (NADCA) website. There you will find contractors in your area who are NADCA members and also see which certifications they hold. When done correctly, HVAC cleaning is a very beneficial service for your home or business, but when inexperienced or unethical contractors are chosen, the benefits can be limited and damage may even occur.
Things to consider when interviewing a contractor:
- When speaking to a contractor, make sure they can show proof of NADCA membership and certification.
- Make sure the contractor will conduct a thorough inspection of your HVAC system and alert you to any problems.
- Make sure the contractor will clean all of the HVAC system components including, at a minimum: air ducts, coils, drain, registers, grills, air plenum, blower motor and assembly, heat exchanger, air filter and air cleaner.
- Speak with local heating contractors to receive a referral for a reputable air duct cleaning company
- Avoid advertisements for “$99 whole house specials” and other sales gimmicks
Why Choose AmeriClean
At AmeriClean, our technicians use the source removal duct cleaning method and follow NADCA Air Duct Cleaning guidelines to thoroughly clean you air ducts. Our powerful truck mounted vacuum systems remove the dirt and debris that accumulates within your home’s heating & air conditioning system’s duct work, leaving you with clean fresh air!
Call us now at 219-942-8100 to learn more about our air duct cleaning services. AmeriClean serves Crown Point, Highland, Valparaiso, Michigan City, East Chicago, Burns Harbor and surrounding cities in Northwest Indiana.