Are you a realtor or homeowner in Northwest Indiana looking to sell a home that has mold in it? You have a buyer lined up and the home inspector finds mold. Now what? Finding the mold can be frightening and then to think of how to remove the mold properly can be an overwhelming task. That’s where we come in. AmeriClean works with realtors and homeowners to remove mold from the home and close the transaction quickly.
Common Misconceptions About Mold Remediation
1. Wiping areas with bleach will stop mold growth. FALSE!
Bleach will remove mold only from non porous surfaces not dry wall or other porous surfaces.
2. Mold Species can only grow in certain colors. WRONG AGAIN!
Depending on the food source and the conditions in an area the same species of mold may grow in many different colors.
How do buyers react to Mold?
When dealing with buyers, you can find yourself dealing with two different types of people. We like to call these the “fungiphobes” and the “mold minimizers.”
Fungiphobes– Customers who see mold and instantly think there is no way to fix it and that their family will become sick because the mold.
Mold Minimizers– Customers who think that there is mold everywhere outdoors, so some in the home won’t hurt anything.
How do I educate buyers about Mold?
1. Explain that it is not the end of the world and there are ways to remove mold.
2. Direct them to informational websites such as; www.epa.gov or www.cdc.gov to search for mold resources.
3. Inform them that unaffected areas of the home are still safe to occupy.
1. Explain to them that while mold does occur outdoors it should not be growing in the home.
2. High concentrations of any mold could produce health problems over a long period.
3. You must remove mold if you plan on selling a home.
How does mold effect my sale?
- Liability issues
- Adverse health conditions
- Mold can delay the sale or even cost you the sale
- Mold can lead to a reduced selling price
- Mold limits the number of interested buyers
Why do I need a Certified Mold Technician?
- You know all proper steps are taken to contain and prevent further mold damage.
- Our technicians are trained with the latest techniques and processes to remove mold
- We create and implement a tailored work plan specific to your needs and time frame.
- We understand that timeliness is key when selling a home- We’ll keep your closing on schedule!
- We guarantee when we leave a job site, the mold has been removed to the industry standards.
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services include Carpet, Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in residential and commercial properties for cleaning and restoration needs. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.