This weekend for the 4th of July, we’ll gather with family and friends for food, festivities, and fireworks. People will swarm the streets to collect candy as it is thrown from passing by floats and then follow by watching and lighting off fireworks into the late hours of the night. 4th of July is a fun holiday but comes with many potential risks of injuries. We want you to celebrate the fourth fire free with these firework safety tips!
Firework Safety Tips
– National Council on Fireworks Safety
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away
- Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area, away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework
- Always have a bucket of water and water hose nearby
- Dispose of used fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks
–National Fire Protection Association
- In 2011, fireworks caused an estimated 17,800 reported fired- 1,200 structure fires, 400 vehicle fires, and 16,300 outside and other fires
- In 2013, US hospital emergency rooms treated an estimated 11,400 people for fireworks related injuries
- On July 4th, in a typical year, far more US fires are reported than on any other day, and fireworks account for two out of five of those fires- more than any other cause of fires
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services include Carpet, Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in residential and commercial properties for cleaning and restoration needs. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.