Sewer Back-Up and Black Water Restoration
Sewer back-ups or black water damages are Category Three water damages and contain high levels of potentially harmful bacteria, chemicals, and disease causing materials. Black water losses if not mitigated properly can pose a serious risk to tenant and occupant safety.
AmeriClean understands that when you have a sewer back-up or black water loss you need immediate action. Our team of I.I.C.R.C. certified technicians quickly respond to your call and begin stabilizing the environment. Due to the source of the water damage, AmeriClean’s crews immediately contain the affected area and use air filtration devices to improve indoor air quality. Once we have contained the area we remove all materials that cannot be properly disinfected and then begin cleaning and disinfecting the remaining items. Once the area has been cleaned and disinfected we will dry the affected area and continue to use HEPA Air Scrubbers to improve indoor air quality.
Our crews complete all work in accordance with I.I.C.R.C. S500 Water Damage Standards and ensure worker and occupant safety at all times.
Sewer Damage/Black Water Loss Tips
- First, call AmeriClean, Inc. for quick professional service.
- Treat all water-impacted surfaces and furnishings as toxic, until properly decontaminated.
- Keep children and pets out of contaminated areas.
- Track contaminated material into undamaged areas.
- Attempt to decontaminate surfaces with sprays and other over-the-counter germicidal products, which may not fully disinfect contaminated surfaces.