When purchasing a home you inherit the good, bad and the ugly! Tile and grout throughout the home can often be found on this list. Whether the grout has faded over time, has darkened due to wear and tear, or simply isn’t the color you wished it be; we have solutions to make old grout look new! Day 7 (on the 7th) of our Spring Cleaning Series is dedicated to making the bad and ugly look great and gorgeous!
Polyblend Grout Renew
Product Description: Grout Renew is a water-based, acrylic, urethane stain and sealer for renewing or changing the color of cement grout joints.
1. Clean the floors thoroughly. You could spend the better part of the day scrubbing your tile and grout trying to restore its natural color, but why would you when AmeriClean can do it for you? Have AmeriClean come steam clean your ceramic tile with our powerful hot water cleaning process and special tools to remove the dirt and grime from the tile and grout.
2. Apply Polyblend Grout Renew. Using a thin craft brush begin applying the product directly to the grout lines. Start from the corner of the room and work your way out- let dry for 24 hours. If any product gets on to your tile, be prepared with a cloth or paper towel to quickly remove from the surface of the tile and clean up your lines. Once you have completed the project, make sure not to get the area wet for 72 hours.
3. Have AmeriClean seal the grout. Our technicians can also seal and protect your grout after the application of the product. This can help extend the life of the grout and helps maintain its appearance for longer than a normal cleaning
Miracle Grout Pen
1. Clean the floors thoroughly. Before you can start making miracles happen, you need to clean your floors. Trust your good friends at AmeriClean to get the job done and save yourself the time and energy that you’ll need to get the rest of the project completed.
2. Prepare the pen. Follow the directions on the packaging to get the pen ready for the project. Shake – Press – Apply.
3. Apply the paint. Using the paint pen begin applying the product directly to the grout lines. Start from the corner of the room and work your way out- let dry for at least an hour. If any product gets on to your tile, be prepared with a wet and dry cloth to quickly remove from the surface of the tile and clean up your lines. You can apply a second coat after at least an hour has passed. Let dry completely before using the surface.
4. Have AmeriClean seal the grout. Our technicians can also seal and protect your grout after the application of the product. This can help extend the life of the grout and helps maintain its appearance for longer than a normal cleaning
Cleaning Tips for Tile and Grout
- Grout brush and a natural cleaner
- Oxygenating cleaners and an old tooth brush
- Baking soda and water
- Vinegar and warm water
- Steam mop
Want more for tile and grout? Try these past blogs!
If you would like to learn more about our tile and grout cleaning services or to schedule an appointment, contact our customer services at 219-942.8100.
About AmeriClean, Inc.
AmeriClean, Inc was established in 1986 by Bob Eriks in a small warehouse as a provider of Fire Damage Restoration for Northwest Indiana. Fast forward to today and AmeriClean’s services include Carpet, Upholstery, Air Duct, Area Rug, Ceramic Tile Cleaning; as well as: Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation. With 30 years of experience, AmeriClean, Inc. is now a leading name in water, fire and restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. For more information, visit our website or call 800.654.9101.